"I plan to give you love, nurturing, and just enough dysfunction to make you funny."



"Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe that your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires courage."-- Ralph Waldo Emerson


Monday, November 22, 2010

New Hat for Mason



Mason got a new "hat" for the winter! As you know, the pediatrician had noticed a flat spot developing on Mason's head around 2 months old. By 3 months old, we went to see the plastic surgeon about Mason's head. We then went back 6 weeks after that, and his head shape had not improved. So, we picked up Mason's helmet on Friday! Hopefully, he should only be in it for 2-3 months, and it has to worn 23 hours a day. He has adjusted fine to it, so that's good. We, of course, get stares when we are out, but it's more of the "I feel sorry for him, because something must be wrong with him" stare. I honestly wish that people would ask me why he is wearing it, so I can tell them there is nothing wrong with him. He just has a flat spot that is mis-shaping his head, and the helmet is rounding out his head to correct it.

I think he looks cute!!♥

3 comments:

Kailyn's Mommy said...

OMG I never seen a baby look so cute in the helmet! Honestly. Way to rock the helmet Mason! ♥

Libby said...

Mason looks way cool in his "winter hat" and don't let anybody tell you any different! Besides, it's barely noticeable with that wonderful smile of his. Starts my day out right as soon as I see him in the morning with that smile. He is the happiest baby ever!! He knows he is loved no matter what and it shows on his face.
Mommaw and Poppaw love your new "look" and if people are too rude to ask but just choose to stare then the Hell with them!

Meredith said...

So cute!! And is that a christmas tree I see already in the background?? love it :)