"I plan to give you love, nurturing, and just enough dysfunction to make you funny."



"Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe that your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires courage."-- Ralph Waldo Emerson


Monday, May 2, 2011

10 Months



Mason Michael
10 Months
28.5" Tall
19lbs

I have been one busy Momma, and that is why I have been slacking on my blog. Mason is a very active boy, always on the go. Besides crawling everywhere, he walks behind his toys, and this past weekend, he took 2 steps on his own. I don't think he will take off quite yet, but he is definitely trying. He eats all table food, and is becoming quite the little pig. He eats more than my 2 nephews combined! He is also becoming the best of friends with his 2 cousins, especially Jax who he is with during the week. He still just has the 2 bottom teeth, but he is in the process of getting all 4 front teeth- you can see his swollen gums and the outline of all 4. We have been spending most of our weekends outdoors with either his cousins, or friends, at the park, beach, or pool. Mason loves "swimming" in the pool, and is becoming a little fish. We will be heading back to Disney Memorial Day weekend, so we are looking forward to that. We also visited Miami Seaquarium with his cousins, and his 2 new friends, Hailey & Kayla. Mason really enjoyed it, and was looking and laughing at everything.

A few things I have learned having a 10 month old:
1. At least for me, it is impossible to feed 100% healthy food all the time
2. My Child LOVES hot dogs- please don't call DCF on me for giving them to him
3. Kids do not like shoes, even if they are really cute shoes
4. I never thought diarhea could smell so bad out of a baby so small
5. Chicken nuggets do not harm your child
6. You will have many pictures of your babies eyes closed, or back of head, because they won't sit still for a picture once they are mobile
7. It becomes your life's mission to get the boogers out of your babies nose
8. It is funny to see your child stand up in the bath to pee, then sit back down
9. You find yourself asking "When did you eat corn?"
10. Last, but not least, my motto: "A clean baby is a happy baby"

Less than 2 months until Mason is 1!!! WOOHOO!!
New pics in his web album- 9 months, 9 months easter, & 10 months...

1 comments:

Libby said...

Still can't believe he's been with us 10 months. Time is flying by. Logan will be 4 and Jax will be 2!! It seems like just yesterday that Megan and Whitney were babies and now they have babies! How old does that make me?? LOL!
I'm sure Mason will be walking before his 1st birthday. He wants to do everything his 2 cousins do. He watches and imitates. Jax is trying to teach him "talking words"! It's so fun to watch them interact. They are so cute together. And Logan is his big protector! He comes and tells me when they are hungry, want a bottle, and especially when they "poop"! He hates poopy diapers!
Love and hugs for you all. Thanks for giving me the opportunity of babysitting them all. It has allowed me to be much more involved with them than most grandparents get.
Libby (Mommaw)