"I plan to give you love, nurturing, and just enough dysfunction to make you funny."



"Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe that your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires courage."-- Ralph Waldo Emerson


Friday, February 6, 2015

So It's Been a While... #lifehappens

A lot has happened since I last blogged. After another long road of infertility, the husband got me knocked up again. Well technically, modern science got me knocked up, but he supplied the "stuff". #soromantic #dontspillthecup

We are expecting baby boy #2 in May. #notafemaleeggbetweenmeormysister And for those of you who see me in person or pictures let me clear some things up: there is only 1 baby, and yes, I am not due until May. Look, even my Doctor says it is perfectly normal to show early with your second pregnancy, so stop looking at me like that. #iveonlygained14lbs #noitsnottwins

We have already chosen a name, Blake Ryan, which if you know me, you know that Blake is my maiden name. The husband & I both like the name Blake, and since there is no one to carry on the name, we thought it was nice- Ryan is the husbands middle name. The boy is pretty excited to have a brother, I think he somewhat understands that his brother is in my belly. When I first told him, he said, no, that it was food in my belly, but now he says there is food and the baby- so we are making progress. #heseesthatsnickersicecreambarieateverynight #sometimesieat2 #oneformeoneforblake He also told me I needed Relacore (belly fat burning pill), he watches a lot of TV, and sees the commercial all the time. #arentkidshilarious It may come as a shock to him when the baby comes out and can't start immediately playing with him though. He did ask me how the Doctor was going to get the baby out of my belly, luckily it will be a repeat c-section, so I told him the Doctor was going to cut the baby out of me. I am thankful I didn't have to explain a vaginal birth, that would have been interesting... #maybetooyoungforthatexplanation

Second pregnancy is so different from the first. One thing, it goes by so much faster second time around. It probably is because between working a full time job, chasing a 4 year old, and being a great wife #insertsarcasmhere the weeks just fly by. You show sooner, you feel the baby kick sooner, you start having to pee a million times a day sooner, and you don't stress over when you have the occasional coke or tuna sandwich. #idontevenmicrowavethelunchmeat Even registering for baby stuff second time around is different #yesiwantgiftsforthisbabytoo When I was pregnant with the boy, I brought along my sister, experienced Mother of 3 (2 at the time), and my husband. I remember going in thinking how fun it would be, then about 30 minutes in I felt the walls closing in at the store- I was having a full blown panic attack. A baby really needs all this stuff?! #notheydont I ended up giving the registry gun to my husband and sister, and said I'm out. This time around, I just went online and registered for a few essentials, clothes, car seat, bath tub, etc. You don't need every little baby item out there.#neverneededthewipewarmer #teepeepeepeesnotneeded #waitsoidontneedeverybottletheymake #messagemeifyouwantthelinktobuymesomething

Anyway, not sure how often I will blog, but I will try to keep you up to date on the happenings of our little family #familyof4comingsoon

0 comments: